Thanks Bruce!

Facebook's main aim with these new rules is both less sinister and more "what the hell?" in my opinion.

A lot of what they are doing under these terms plays out like this hypothetical.

So if you have your art on a Facebook Page, and someone clicks like on it, a different piece of art from your fan page may appear in other people's feeds advertising the Page.

It is supposed to encourage browsing. You're friends with these people, presumably you have similar interests. Where it falls apart is in showing content that is not exactly what you clicked Like on. I may enjoy Bruce's bird painting and abhor his landscapes (I don't, just giving an example.) So Facebook has been called out on this in a number of places since they made this change, because it's not really working.

Yes: the language sounds more sinister than that and they could do other things with your work. But basically they want to repackage and distribute/re-size and share links with your friends based on your activity.

I don't think it's a big deal, but it's an awkward system at the moment.

Glendon

--
Glendon Mellow
Art in Awe of Science†