Hi Natalya:
I use my tablet in the same arrangement as you've described.
I have been very pleased with the results of my digital drawings, and how they mimic my hand. I do a lot of production, and it saves a lot of time. The key of course is to get an equitable results as if I had drawn it by hand. I'm very "old school", but this dobie is learning a few new tricks.

I think it does make a difference if you use a laptop rather than a large upright keyboard.  The comfort of viewing distance is important.

Yes, they've changed the names of all the tablets. The Intous5 is now the IntuosPro, and it comes in Small, Medium and Large.
I am intrigued with the touch abilities, and anything that can enhance the flow of drawing without having to pick up and place my left hand and divert my eyes from the screen. They make them with USB and optional wireless, the Pro models.

Not sure I NEED or am advanced enough to use the Cintique, drawing right on the tablet... and I don't have an iPad or iPhone.

Many thanks,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325