Hi all,
I received this query about Western book covers, and know nothing about the
topic. Can anyone suggest anything that would help this guy out?

*"In a former career I was a used book dealer, concentrating on The
American West. During that time I  observed that many Western novels from
~1900 to ~1930 had very well-illustrated decorative embossed covers.  This
seemingly neglected aspect of book art has become a collecting interest
(now about 100 titles), but I have been able to find little in the way of
bibliographic reference.  *

*Can you  refer me to articles or books or knowledgeable people on the
subject?*
*Has this topic been discussed at previous WLA meetings?" *

Best,
Tom

---
Tom Lynch
Associate Professor
Chair, Undergraduate Studies
Editor, *Western American Literature*
Department of English
202 Andrews Hall
P.O. Box 880333
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Lincoln, NE  68588-0333 <[log in to unmask]>
<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>
*"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."
-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.*
*
New Books:*
*The Bioregional Imagination: Literature, Ecology,
Place<http://www.ugapress.org/index.php/books/the_bioregional_imagination>
*
*Artifacts & Illuminations: Critical Essays on Loren
Eiseley<http://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/product/Artifacts-and-Illuminations,674965.aspx>
*

Homepage <http://english.unl.edu/tlynch2/>
Faculty Page <http://english.unl.edu/faculty/profs/tlynch.html>