I think I mentioned 2.4 for that C. amazonica, with 1.4 being the second smallest non-Scarabaeinae scarab beetle. That's literature though, I have no equipment for accurately measuring my own specimens.

From: Bruce Gill <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, 27 September 2013, 16:02
Subject: Re: Smallest dung beetle species

Hi Trond,

Was away at Road America, Wisconsin for the past couple of weeks.
There are numerous dung beetles in the range of 2 mm in length (eg. Panelus, Odontoloma, Haroldius, Caeconthobium etc...).  Not too many species fall under 2 mm in length.  Keith mentioned Haroldius convexus at 1.78mm.  In addition:  Boheplissus subtilis (Boh.) ranges 1.7 - 2.5 mm and Lepanus pisoniae (Lea) at 1.6 - 2.4 mm.  Auke mentioned Canthonella amazonica at 1.4 mm.  I didn't have a chance to check Canthonella, but I'm sure 1.4 mm is probably about the lower size limit.

Cheers,

Bruce

>>> Trond Larsen <[log in to unmask]> 2013-09-12 11:12 AM >>>
Does anyone know what is the world's smallest dung beetle species, and how large it is?
Thanks,
Trond