Greetings to everyone on the list!
I’m an Italian student trying to write my dissertation about Willa Cather’s
novels *O Pioneers!, The Song of The Lark *and *My Ántonia*. I need to
disturb you with a question
I’ve found elsewhere the phrase “prairie trilogy”, referring the three
novels, and I couldn’t trace it back to any critical work. I couldn’t just
ignore it, being it so frequent (in informal writings), so I decided to
address this term and explain why I think it isn’t the right term for the
novels, but I need to find out its origins.
So, my question is: do you know this phrase? Have you ever tried to find
out its origins? If yes, what kind of origins does it have? Any opinion
about it is very welcome!
Thank you very much,
Lavinia Moretti