I have been reading with joy the posts about smelting charcoal and all sorts of things.  It does sound like a year long project.  I have a vision of one weekend a month, a big batch of ice tea by day and beer once the fires have been safely banked, ladies and friends doing embroidery and stuff nearby, a potluck meal.  Videographer staying out of the way.  End of it all raffle the results either as a kingdom fundraiser or privately among those who worked (one ticket per weekend sort of thing).  Sell DVDs of the project with copy of the bibliography.  Get drunk to celebrate.

Can I come?

Jenna