Thank you. Yes, Cassava and fugu were exactly the two I was thinking of.

There are probably more.

That's either a lot of experimentation or serendipity. And/or a lot of slaves/prisoners to try things out on. Still, expensive and time-consuming.

Although some mis-trials would just make you sick, not kill you.

Stefan

--------
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris