Thanks, now I know the song exists and was not just a figment of my imagination.  Trick now is to find the specific recording I had on cassette around 1987, it featured a duet (male and female vocal) no strong accents and was mostly acapella.  If anyone recognizes that one, I'd appreciate the heads up.

Kaz