Kateryn -

Would that be for art purposes? I've always understood that for forging/furnaces, the harder the better.

-- Logan --

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Debra Hense <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
A finer, softer, charcoal can also be made from grapevine vines.
Surround with clay and pop in the fire until done - usually an hour or
so later.  It takes some experimenting.

Kateryn