Good Afternoon everyone!

Just to wet your whistle about classes being offered. The below classes
will be offered this weekend at Vertigo. If you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to contact me.

10:00 am-11:00 am: Equine 101 for Youth (1 hr): We will go over the
different equipment (tack and grooming items) used for equines, as well as
how to properly use these items. I will cover safety tips and general
"How-To's" with regards to helping around the equestrian area and being
around equines. (This class is For 17 & under Youth - Parent/Guardian
*MUST*be in attendance. Boots/Closed-Toe shoes required. This will be
a hands-on
course.)

11:00 am - 12:00 pm: Equine 101 for Adults (1-1.5 hrs): Have you ever
wanted to help on the equestrian field, but were too shy to jump in? Do you
feel like you need just a little more knowledge to be considered helpful?
This is the class for you. I will go over safety tips, grooming 101, and
tack 101. You'll learn the basics of equine care and how easy it is to be
helpful around the equestrian area as a member of the ground-crew. If there
is time, we'll cover the different equestrian games that are played within
the SCA and how to be a good ground crew. Boots/Closed-Toe shoes
recommended. This will be a hands-on course.

In the afternoon, 2 follow-up classes (1-1.5 hrs each):

1:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Equine 102 for Youth: IMPORTANT INFORMATION: THIS IS NOT
A PONY RIDE. This class is for 17 & under Youth - Parent/Guardian MUST be
in attendance. Boots/Close-Toed shoes required. Approved RIDING helmet
required. This will be a hands-on course. Serious interest only, please.
We will pick up where we left off in the morning and actually brush & tack
up an equine. We'll learn some additional safety tips when it comes to
being around the equestrian area, as well as the proper way to handle an
equine. Additional activity may include authorizations, pending skill level
and marshal availability. Contact Eowyth for more information regarding
equestrian authorizations for Minors.

2:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Equine 201 for Adults: We will pick up where we left off
in the morning. There will be time to practice grooming & tacking. There
will be additional discussion regarding different riding techniques.
Pending the skills and interest shown, we will actually ride and authorize,
as well. Even if you are not interested in riding, attending the class and
learning ground skills is highly encouraged (Active Participants limited to
6, unlimited for interested ground-crew.)

Ever in Service,

THL Eowyth Ža Sišend