Cost/quality is a good point.  I'm lucky to have a friend nearby, a pro
photographer, who does my large prints on a large Epson printer (2880?
4880?), and even has a printer that do 36 inch wide work.  It's much less
expensive than buying the printer myself and having to deal with the cost
of ink and the large footprint needed to store the printer.  Some small
print shops might also offer a less expensive alternative than buying
another printer.  Although the 1400 isn't that expensive nor as large as
the 4880 and has long been used as a fine art printer.