Sorry, Linda.  I'm on call this weekend and was in Portland taking care of
patients.

Apparently, CS6 is still available as a stand-alone version.  B&H has CS6
available for $300 for teachers, $670 for the unwashed masses.  See here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=adobe+photoshop+cs6&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ta

There is a note on B&H that all CS6 upgrades are only available from
Adobe.  Going to Adobe.com, one can still upgrade from CS5.5:
https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

Unfortunately, trying to find the price of the upgrade I found myself in a
(too typical) Adobe online merry-go-round.  I suspect the quickest way
would be to give them a call on Monday.  I've always been surprised when
calling the Adobe help desk, as the helpers 1.) actually speak English, and
2.) seem able to answer questions straightforwardly.

There is, more over, an option to purchase Photoshop CC and Lightroom in
the cloud for $10 a month, in perpetuum.  Or as "perpetuum" as Adobe may
deem necessary.  For which currently I wouldn't give you a nickel.  A
personal opinion.

I take it you didn't sign on for the $50 a month CC suite?

Suerte,