My daughter-in-law is a veterinary technician and loves the work she does.
Especially when she has to go out to a farm and has to vaccinate
thirty-some animals.  She's very good at what she does and is quite the
brain.  But I'm afraid the pay isn't exactly topnotch and she would really
like to go back to school.  For what she's not sure, and she would miss the
animals, but she keeps poking around.  I'll see if she might have any other
suggestions, but I would check some of the suggestions about zoos and
environmental education.