Hi, Everyone,
About 3-4 times a year we receive requests from students for interviews
about becoming a scientific illustrator; sometimes these requests are
for class projects, sometimes for personal curiosity.

If any of you would be willing to be an interviewee from time to time,
either email or phone, I would love to have you on a list of contacts
that I could send to these students. You would of course not be
obligated to do these interviews, and I would make it clear to the
students that this will happen only if you have time and are willing,
they should contact you by email first, etc.

I've done a few of these myself, they are usually short, maybe 15-20
questions. I tend to go overboard, as it's a great opportunity to be in
touch with someone who has an interest in our profession and may chose
it eventually, a chance to be a goodwill ambassador for scientific
illustration! I talk up the GNSI, of course, and point them to our
website and the resources available there. Sometimes they don't know
what to ask, so it's an educational opportunity all around.

Please contact me directly, _/off-list/_, if you would be willing to
help out.

thanks!
Gail

--