Hi, Everyone,
About 3-4 times a year we receive requests from students for interviews about becoming a scientific illustrator; sometimes these requests are for class projects, sometimes for personal curiosity.

If any of you would be willing to be an interviewee from time to time, either email or phone, I would love to have you on a list of contacts that I could send to these students. You would of course not be obligated to do these interviews, and I would make it clear to the students that this will happen only if you have time and are willing, they should contact you by email first, etc.

I've done a few of these myself, they are usually short, maybe 15-20 questions. I tend to go overboard, as it's a great opportunity to be in touch with someone who has an interest in our profession and may chose it eventually, a chance to be a goodwill ambassador for scientific illustration! I talk up the GNSI, of course, and point them to our website and the resources available there. Sometimes they don't know what to ask, so it's an educational opportunity all around.

Please contact me directly, off-list, if you would be willing to help out.

thanks!
Gail

--
Gail Guth