hey all,

many of us live and die using adobe's products. I received an email this
AM from the mothership detailing a breach at their web server. although
the immediate question referred to whether unencrypted credit card
details had been compromised. they say they don't think so, but
coincidentally the card I used for paying installments to creative cloud
got hacked in september. the attack took place in or before august.

but a bigger question is whether their source code has gotten out. if
so, there is a possibility that products like acrobat may be at risk if
there are any weaknesses that can be teased out of them. keeping
software patched and up to date is going to be more than a gentle
suggestion going forward.

details:

http://www.informationweek.com/security/attacks/adobe-customer-security-compromised-7-fa/240162255?cid=NL_IWK_Daily_240162255

-frank