THANK YOU, Karen!! I had never heard of the Fraction Slash, very useful.

Gail

On 10/10/13 9:52 PM, Karen Ackoff wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

And yes, you can format your own fractions. Here's how I do it…
I type out the fraction. BUT instead of using the forward slash character, use the FRACTION SLASH instead. On Mac, this character is option+shift+1. And let's just say my body copy is 10 points… I set the size of the numbers to 8 points and then I apply baseline shift to the numerator as desired. And I adjust the kerning as necessary. I do this only once… then copy & paste as needed. Once I've formatted ONE fraction, I can paste, and change the numbers for other fractions.

--
Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design