Cost/quality is a good point.  I'm lucky to have a friend nearby, a pro photographer, who does my large prints on a large Epson printer (2880? 4880?), and even has a printer that do 36 inch wide work.  It's much less expensive than buying the printer myself and having to deal with the cost of ink and the large footprint needed to store the printer.  Some small print shops might also offer a less expensive alternative than buying another printer.  Although the 1400 isn't that expensive nor as large as the 4880 and has long been used as a fine art printer.