I'd try what Karen suggested. trashing the prefs.

Also, Is it possible to design it in Illustrator? I don't know the extent of newsletter. But switching may save you if you've got a tight deadline. For newsletters, I actually prefer AI.

Keep us posted.
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325
Hereford, AZ 85615