From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gail Guth
Sent: Thursday, 24 October 2013 5:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Interviews with sci-art students

Hi, Everyone,
About 3-4 times a year we receive requests from students for interviews about becoming a scientific illustrator; sometimes these requests are for class projects, sometimes for personal curiosity.

If any of you would be willing to be an interviewee from time to time, either email or phone, I would love to have you on a list of contacts that I could send to these students. You would of course not be obligated to do these interviews, and I would make it clear to the students that this will happen only if you have time and are willing, they should contact you by email first, etc.

I've done a few of these myself, they are usually short, maybe 15-20 questions. I tend to go overboard, as it's a great opportunity to be in touch with someone who has an interest in our profession and may chose it eventually, a chance to be a goodwill ambassador for scientific illustration! I talk up the GNSI, of course, and point them to our website and the resources available there. Sometimes they don't know what to ask, so it's an educational opportunity all around.

Please contact me directly, off-list, if you would be willing to help out.

thanks!
Gail

--
Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design

The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. They may only be used for the purposes for which they were supplied. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited.
The privilege of confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of mistaken delivery to you. If you receive this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.

Please note: the Department of Science, Information Technology, Innovation and the Arts carries out automatic software scanning, filtering and blocking of E-mails and attachments (including emails of a personal nature) for detection of viruses, malicious code, SPAM, executable programs or content it deems unacceptable. All reasonable precautions will be taken to respect the privacy of individuals in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld). Personal information will only be used for official purposes, e.g. monitoring Departmental Personnel's compliance with Departmental Policies. Personal information will not be divulged or disclosed to others, unless authorised or required by Departmental Policy and/or law.