Never considered that! Thanks, Linda!  I had the newsletter about 95% finished, had to insert some labels under photos as a final step, and then, kaboom! My workaround was to make some little text boxes in MSW and insert those in the columns. Worked ok but certainly not the most elegant solution in the world. ; ) I couldn't even insert a carriage return (how's that for old school, eh? ; )) without the silly thing crashing on me. Yikes.

Kathy

On Oct 1, 2013, at 5:06 PM, Linda Feltner wrote:

> I'd try what Karen suggested. trashing the prefs.
>
> Also, Is it possible to design it in Illustrator? I don't know the extent of newsletter. But switching may save you if you've got a tight deadline. For newsletters, I actually prefer AI.
>
> Keep us posted.
> _____________________
> Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
> P.O. Box 325
> Hereford, AZ 85615
> (520) 803-0538
> www.lindafeltner.com
>

> On Oct 1, 2013, at 3:00 PM, Kathleen Garness wrote:
>
>> No, no vector artwork, just one little photoshop file and some picture files and text. It happened in all the documents I tried it on afterwards. Phooey. Found my InDesign installer discs. Yay. : )  This has never happened before. : (
>>
>> Kathy
>>
>> On Oct 1, 2013, at 4:54 PM, Deborah Shaw wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have vector artwork in your InDesign document (either Illustrator .ai native files or .eps files)? I know it sounds crazy, but vector artwork files can become weird/corrupted/twitchy. I've had it happen occasionally that similar things happen. Once I re-save the Illustrator files and then re-import them, everything is then fine.
>>>
>>> Good luck from me too,
>>>
>>> Deb

Kathleen Garness

home: 708-366-7584