Hi, Everyone!
We currently have three books in need of review:

*John Gurche - Shaping Humanity
<https://www.facebook.com/john.gurche/posts/541078095929905>*
What did earlier humans really look like? What was life like for them,
millions of years ago? How do we know? In this book, internationally
renowned paleoartist John Gurche describes the extraordinary process by
which he creates forensically accurate and hauntingly realistic
representations of our ancient human ancestors.
http://www.yalebooks.com/yupbooks/book.asp?isbn=9780300182026

*“14^th International Exhibition of Botanical Art & Illustration,”
published by the Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation*
The Institute established the International series in 1964 with the hope
of supporting and encouraging contemporary botanical artists. Every
three years, the International series features the works of talented
botanical artists from around the world. Collectively, the catalogues
contain the most comprehensive record available of 20th–21st-century
botanical artists and illustrators—the number of individuals represented
now totals 1,129.
http://huntbot.andrew.cmu.edu/HIBD/Exhibitions/International.shtml

*“The Big Apples of New York, The Story of How New York State Became The
Big Apple,” by A. L. DuBois (Ann is a GNSI member)*
" The popular conception or more correctly misconception is that New
York City alone is The Big Apple. The truth is much larger, historically
more complicated and deeply meaningful..... The book has 26 original
botanical illustrations of available heritage apples.Listing of 190 New
York heritage apple orchards with their location and contact
information...."
http://www.amazon.com/The-Big-Apples-New-York/dp/149091899X

If you would be interested in reviewing any of these books for us within
the next few weeks, please contact me _/off list/_. Although certainly
all of these books would be fun and informative to read, the ideal
reviewer should have some expertise or serious familiarity with the
topics presented, and not just an avid reader's curiosity.

The bonus for your time is that you get to keep the book!

Thanks in advance!
Again, contact me off-list please.
Gail

--