From: Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Oct 31, 2013 4:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCIART] Call for Book Reviewers

Hi, Everyone!
We currently have three books in need of review:

What did earlier humans really look like? What was life like for them, millions of years ago? How do we know? In this book, internationally renowned paleoartist John Gurche describes the extraordinary process by which he creates forensically accurate and hauntingly realistic representations of our ancient human ancestors.
http://www.yalebooks.com/yupbooks/book.asp?isbn=9780300182026

“14th International Exhibition of Botanical Art & Illustration,” published by the Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation
The Institute established the International series in 1964 with the hope of supporting and encouraging contemporary botanical artists. Every three years, the International series features the works of talented botanical artists from around the world. Collectively, the catalogues contain the most comprehensive record available of 20th–21st-century botanical artists and illustrators—the number of individuals represented now totals 1,129.
http://huntbot.andrew.cmu.edu/HIBD/Exhibitions/International.shtml

“The Big Apples of New York, The Story of How New York State Became The Big Apple,” by A. L. DuBois (Ann is a GNSI member)
" The popular conception or more correctly misconception is that New York City alone is The Big Apple. The truth is much larger, historically more complicated and deeply meaningful..... The book has 26 original botanical illustrations of available heritage apples.Listing of 190 New York heritage apple orchards with their location and contact information...."
http://www.amazon.com/The-Big-Apples-New-York/dp/149091899X

If you would be interested in reviewing any of these books for us within the next few weeks, please contact me off list. Although certainly all of these books would be fun and informative to read, the ideal reviewer should have some expertise or serious familiarity with the topics presented, and not just an avid reader's curiosity.

The bonus for your time is that you get to keep the book!

Thanks in advance!
Again, contact me off-list please.
Gail

--