Did all that : /. Looked at the Adobe help desk, googled 'InDesign crash' but immediately was out of my depth with the responses.
May have to call in the 'the kid' ; )  (whose standard line is 'I hate Macs. When they work they work great but when they don't.... they're doorstops and cost $400 to repair')

On Oct 1, 2013, at 3:22 PM, Linda Feltner wrote:

> Hi Kathy:
> I'd re-start, re-boot computer, everything. Then I'd only open the software that I absolutely need.
> Does it crash if you type in your text in another document, like TextEdit, and cut/paste it in? (tedious, I know), but those would be what I'd try first.
> could be a conflict, or overload. How much space do you have on your computer for operating? Pleanty of buffer?
>
> Just my thoughts,
> Linda
> _____________________
> Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
> P.O. Box 325
> Hereford, AZ 85615
> (520) 803-0538
> www.lindafeltner.com
>

> On Oct 1, 2013, at 1:12 PM, Kathleen Garness wrote:
>
>> Of course, it's the first of October, there's chaos all around, I have a newsletter due and InDesign CS5 decides to crash. : ( Every time I try to enter text, BOING!
>>
>> I got the newsletter done with some workarounds but, seriously, no fun. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions for a solution?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Kathy G

Kathleen Garness

home: 708-366-7584