Dear All,

             I just wanted to send thoughts of support to friends and colleagues laid off by the US government shutdown. It must be extremely stressful frustrating not knowing how long you will be without work or pay. This couldn’t happen in my country. When the budget was blocked here in Australia in 1975 the Governor General (representative of the head of state, the Queen) dismissed the government and called a new election.

            Also having had our city devastated by floods a couple of years ago and having helped in a small way in the cleanup, I feel for Marj and everybody else dealing with the mud, smell and ruined treasures of flood aftermath in Colorado.

            Best wishes,

                               Geoff