Many photographers, even professionals, have resisted the cloud.  This also isn't quite a Ludditic (?) maneuver, but one that is reactionary to Adobe's change in updating Photoshop and the subsequent changes in paying for same.  It used to be one could skip an upgrade or two before buying the latest version of Photoshop.  That all changed with the upgrade to CS6.  One had to upgrade from CS5, no later versions were accepted.  So many photographers had to buy CS5, then a few months later buy CS6.  Then the Creative Suite in the Sky was sprung and many vowed to find something other than Adobe anything within the next 2 or 3 years, buying CS6 as a last investment and looking for a front end to that program that wouldn't involve a cloud subscription.  I'm one of the latter, which in my case is also due to being retired and having to be a bit more careful about expenses.  Alas, the best front end for CS6 I could find, at least for now, is Adobe's Lightroom.  Although trust me, there is considerable talk among photographers about which system to buy into in the next few years.  I suspect this message has gotten through to Adobe, as they've recently offered a cloud subscription to PS and LR for $10 a month, with no increase if this subscription is purchased before the end of the year.  It seems though, a bit too late, as many photographers have declined the offer.  That may be shooting oneself in the foot, but attitudes toward Adobe have changed radically since all of this has transpired and many are going to other options.  There are several, and they offer comparable raw conversion, editing, cataloging and exporting options.  And there are, currently at least, no subscriptions and no cloud needed.  This may also change in the future, leading to even more shots in the foot.  Currently, however, there are few if any options for the graphic arts.  As with the Borg, resistance is futile, and withdrawing from the cloud for a period of time might not be in one's best interests, especially considering one's promises to clients.  I guess it depends on the fallout, as in, do the hackers have proprietary information that can promote breaking into cloud subscriptions.  I doubt that Adobe will release that information, but I'll bet their programmers are working overtime to find out and plug what holes they can.