Yeah, but this sounds like software not hardware....
When you google, try typing in  first "InDesignCS5:xxx xxxxx xxxxx" In other words, try "Adobe InDesign+version+colon+your question" or just "InDesign+version+colon+your question"., then try various versions of ": text crash" or ": crash while typing" . I had an Adobe tech tell me that's the fastest way to narrow down the search, and often takes you directly to the forums with similar questions.

Good luck,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325