Linda, I purchased CS6 a few months ago. I got the educator's version, figuring I don't need to continually upgrade/subscribe through the cloud for my purposes, plus the educator's version, if you can get it, is much less costly.
Both versions were available at the MacStore but slightly less online.
Good luck,
Gretchen

www.gretchen.halpert.com
http://natureandtraveljournalingintuscany.blogspot.com