The standalone CS6 works with a variety of operating systems, including both 32bit and 64bit systems.  (When I bought CS6 I loaded it into Win XP/32, but am currently using Win 7/64.  Same box.)  I'm assuming these are listed on Adobe's product description page. If you can find the right tab :).  You should call Adobe and see what the deadline is for upgrading to CS6.  As you know the upgrades are less expensive.

Cheers,