I'd first do what Britt suggested, zip it.
I also find that having a dropbox account, allows me to send pesky files. I usually zip those too. Sometimes I can't download client files from their dropbox -- but can send it to MY dropbox, and then they copy just fine to me. I don't know, but it's a workaround when I don't have time.

good luck,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325