Hi Kathy:
I'd re-start, re-boot computer, everything. Then I'd only open the software that I absolutely need.
Does it crash if you type in your text in another document, like TextEdit, and cut/paste it in? (tedious, I know), but those would be what I'd try first.
could be a conflict, or overload. How much space do you have on your computer for operating? Pleanty of buffer?

Just my thoughts,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325