In your user library, trash InDesign prefs.

Start a new doc in Indy, if you only have a problem in one doc then something has gotten out of whack in that doc. Then it's a long bout of deleting things to find out what the offending object is. You can also try copy/pasting everything into a new doc and see if the problem persists.

If nothing works, uninstall and reinstall.

Typos due to typing with one finger on my iPhone.