Gail:
Aurore's way is the correct way to go. The alt 0190 is for Windows.

There IS a horrific work-around, depending on how many fractions you have. You can go in by hand, each numerator and denominator. In the Character Palette, make sure you have "Show Options" on so you can see all the type controls. Then reduce the size of the numerator and raise it the appropriate amount using the baseline shift controls (lowest left hand corner). Then reduce the denominator, adjust the diagonal slash and then adjust the kerning.

Don't know why the Open Type > Fractions didn't work for you... Bummer. That's a nice, really fast cheat.

If you have a lot of fractions, frankly, I'd change typefaces to something that has an accessible, full set, including an expert set.

Bummer. Good luck,

Deb