Hello there!

I googled "Turn handwriting into a font".  Got a bunch of leads.  Perhaps the <www.yourfonts.com> might work.  It reminds me of the old program Fontographer that I used back in the early 90's.  There's an interesting discussion about Fontlab vs Fontographer on <typophile.com>.  Also a reference on Adobe website <http://www.adobe.com/support/fontographer/downloads.html>.  All the best with your research.  This is a great idea that I may need to pursue as I have had many compliments on my printing.

Let me know how this works out for you!  Best,

"OC"