You didn't say what size you're working at?
I have an Epson large format that I'm fairly happy with re: transparent W/C reproduction but it certainly gobbles the expensive high-capacity ink cartridges.  I just use it for Giclees.
Can you find a local printer to run the projects? Is 'archival' going to be a consideration here?
My gut feeling is that some cost/quality compromises might be in order here, but shop around. I'm sure folks here have some good people to recommend.

Kathy G

On Oct 21, 2013, at 9:38 AM, Sharon Morgera wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a calligrapher/botanical illustrator looking for help with printing of watercolor art.  I make custom maps that up until now I have printed as line art and hand-painted the color work because I have never had good luck with print quality of watercolors.  Does anyone know of a good method to print on good heavy stock so that the watercolor quality looks original?  Clients don't want to pay for giclee prints....these are wedding maps and such.
>
> I'm considering purchasing an Epson R1400 to do it myself but not sure it will be any better and might be more trouble than it's worth.  Quanitities are usually 50-100.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Sharon in Rhode Island

Kathleen Garness

home: 708-366-7584