On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Mark Schuldenfrei <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 11/21/2013 8:54 AM, Niewoehner, Hugh wrote:

<snip>
I used to be very strongly opposed to top-posting.  The only software I
ever found that does bottom-posting well is Mutt, which is now worthless in
our rich content world.

I stopped pushing the issue when I got several complaints that I sent back
empty replies.  The receiver never looked below the "On <date>...." line to
see that I had edited the original post to put my comments in-line (like
this one).  They simply looked at the top, thought I had not replied and
let me know that.  Made me realize that the outlook way of doing things had
taken the hearts and minds of all that were not geeks on the subject.

~Brendan (not a geek, but the mundane guy typing this is).