NO NO!! Wear it EVERY YEAR to celebrate this once in a lifetime event.

Odd years on Thanksgiving.
Even years during Hannukah.
Every other Leap year on Christmas (just to confuse people)!

Slightly more seriously, go ahead and wear it. Tibor is right when he
says that only the most narrow-minded would have a problem.

Miklos

ps: I also love the idea. Can I have the link?