From: Mark Schuldenfrei [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CALONTIR] Tops and Bottoms

On 11/20/2013 1:03 PM, Jim Myers wrote:
> /but I've never understood the rationale behind posting at the bottom
> of an email on a discussion list./

There is an old joke about this, Eringlen, an email which
reads:

==============
It breaks the context.

Tibor wrote:
 > Why shouldn't you top post?
==============

Not everyone reads or remembers what was written previously, and (as with
your post) sometimes the same previous comment has multiple aspects.  So you
want to emphasize the part you are replying to.

It's helpful to hammer the context down to the relevant bit. As I tried to
do above.

Personally, I'm not a top or bottom-posting bigot.  They both have their
value.  I do prefer to bottom post, with careful editing of the context, and
that's what I prefer to read.

But I don't really care a lot.  Mostly I'm here for the beer, the info, to
hang with friends, and to give Gabriel someone he feels safe to pick on.
(The big meanie.)

	Tibor

PS Much love for Gabriel.  A most excellent person.  Bring it. :-)