If you don't like it, don't read it...

-----Original Message-----
From: Hroller McKnutt [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Jim Myers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> use these for determining where to place sidewalks. Thus the new
> facility ended up with walks where they were actually most useful,
> rather than where someone "thought" they should be.

 I like that architect.

> discussion list. It makes anyone reading it have to scroll all the way
> down to see what you've written (as anyone following the thread has
> almost certainly already read the previous content). It has always
> struck me as counterintuitive and backward. I only know of a handful
> of "bottom feeders", thankfully, but it is pet peeve of mine. (  ;]
> sorry, Hrothgar!)

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

 Also, if you look at your email to the list Your Grace, you left ALL THE
CRAP (emphasis, not shouting) at the bottom of your post instead of deleting
the extraneous junk (I deleted it), I know it's just text (don't get me
started on people posting with HTML that insert images and all kinds of
extra crap into an email, thankfully this list strips
that) but it adds up, that 1k of extra crap gets sent out to every
subscriber, who reposts it when they top post, and then someone else replies
and adds even more too it... you should look at a digest of this list
sometime, people not editing their replies makes the digest nearly useless.
:(

Also, google "Why top posting sucks", there's lots of reasons. (Sadly, mail
clients are increasingly less friendly to proper editing and posting so top
posting and failing to edit has won out, that doesn't mean I have to accept
it.

Hrothgar (I also abuse parenthetical asides)

--
Nullo edactore ligni, consilium cedet. - Countess Magda