I would like to know that the bunnies were fresh kills and not a 'found
on road dead' kind of thing. Wild rabbits should be gotten in season
and after a hard frost which prevents some disease that humans can get.
I don't think farm or home raised ones have that problem.  BTY We have
always given our live-stalk food names, be they lambs, rabbits,
chickens, pigs or whatever. explaining where they would be destine for
the dinner table.  As a consequence, our children have been involved in
razing and in butchering and cooking, and are excited to feast upon
them.  Alternatively I think it is wrong on so many levels to raise an
animal as if it is a pet and only a pet  and then pull butchering day
off as a surprise as well as how completely stupid some folks are as to
where food comes from.

Gerald Goodwine