I was thinking of the other job where trained and warranted bearers of
beverages were made unemployed, forced to volunteer their services.

With the heralds, I have merely forced technology upon them, making many
go through remedial and adult education courses, or be out on the
streets, looking for Peers (preferably of stature but really any) to
attach themselves to.

Gabriel
(who really can't do better than Tibor's comment)

--
Patrick Anderson
"No matter how much you feed the wolf,