Being responsible for two HR memos was not nearly as interesting as it sounds.  One was, 'Thou shalt not wear sweats'. (long dull story). The other, I was the one who quietly went to the supervisor and said, "There is a rumor that someone in the other end of office has a handgun in her purse and it's got everyone in a tizzy.  Could you track it down and either officially deny the rumor or tell everyone it's been dealt with?".  I wasn't trying to be a snitch but anyone who has ever seen a bunch of cubicle-dwellers going into a gossip-tizzy around the water cooler has only an inkling of what  it was like right next to my desk as I tried to work.   The resulting new rule was, "Thou shalt leave thy weapons in thy car."

Only then did I remember that I had once brought in a six foot real steel spear and left it by my desk for eight hours for safekeeping the day I was going straight from work to a demo......

Jenna