I had included a Memorial 'Wall' in my 50th year bid - at its most basic I had considered a photo (8x10) of the deceased, their SCA and mundane names, dates, and any memorabilia loved ones might want to contribute.

 Deirdre

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Ted Eisenstein <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[switching the order a bit...]

>I personally am not locked into the idea of shields and I can absolutely
>think of other possibilities. What we might run into is a logistics issue
>of what space might be at 50th, but it doesn't hurt to see what kind of
>flexibility we might have.
Errrr, "shields" as in something that you'd carry into a tourney or battle
that has your arms, or as in a useless object that has your arms? I know
I'd absolutely refuse to let my arms go onto the former, but the latter
would certainly have possibilities as a permanent memorial thingie.

>What would you like for a memorial?
You know, I have absolutely no idea.

Whoever winds up keeping the list of names, I guess, should
also keep the sort of memorial that person would want.

....and the filekeeping requirements for the job of Memorial Names
Keeper is slowly growing....

Alban

--
Its ALL about the Purple~