When I said the Calon list and the FB group aren't official, I meant that anything posted here and there doesn't delineate SCA policy, or, more specifically, Calontir policy, and cannot be accepted as having the authority of the Crown or the Witan.  Will this new group have that authority?  I guess I assumed it would, and of course it might not.

Roise's description of the new Yahoo group sounds to me like it is meant to be a reliable source for news, like who won Crown Tourney or what happened in court recently.  Remember, that's what started this whole kerfluffle: Crown Tourney news was posted to FB, somebody on the Calon List politely asked that we not be forgotten, and, well, here we are...

And I agree with you that the Calon List should automatically be subscribed to the new email list.  Similarly, items posted to the new list should _automatically_ forward to the FB group if possible.

Dorcas

On 11/20/2013 1:03 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Well, the Calon list and the FB group are discussion forums, and not
> "official".  I gather the new Yahoo group, which is outgoing only, is
> for official news.  I guess it can't hurt to have it.

Because if it is "official" it's better?

I'm caught between the desire to appreciate the effort, and
a profound disquiet over how the SCA generally handles
"information"; of which this is a pedestrian example.

    Tibor

PS Don't announce it here.  Gateway it here, by automatically
    adding the Calontir list as a subscriber.