From: Stefan li Rous <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Bunnies

Jenna, thank you for the clarification. Much clearer, now.

You didn't say whether you wanted period or modern recipes, but here is what I have in the Florilegium:
rabbit-dishes-msg (72K) 3/24/12 Period rabbit and hare recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/rabbit-dishes-msg.html

Luckily, my own dog Snowball, 17 lb American Eskimo, doesn't know what to do with the possums he corners. I don't have any recipes for possums. :-)

Stefan

On Nov 29, 2013, at 12:58 PM, Jenna <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Daisy is a Very Silly Whippet.  Dweezil is a Whiggie -- a whippet/Italian greyhound cross.  He is monstrous large for a Whiggie (same size as Daisy) and dumber than a bag of hammers.  Next to Dweezil, Rocket the Idiot Whippet was an intellectual giant.
>
> Whippets were bred to catch bunnies.  Rocket clearly did not know he was supposed to CATCH the bunny.  Daisy knows, and Rick the Rocket Scientist has a speadsheet to track her successes.  Dweezil seems to have learnt from Daisy.  Fortunately neither of them have made the connection between Dead Bunny and Food.  (Food is served in a dog dish at their house.  Good Food is the cold hard dry diet dog food found at our house that for some reason only the skinny dogs like.  GREAT Food is begged from Finola under the table when no-one is looking.)
>
> Considering how Anna brushes the dog's teeth and checks them for fleas after each kill I can't imagine her allowing an unwrapped dead bunny in the house for any reason.  But I was curious about the culinary possibilities.
>
> Jenna
>
> On Nov 29, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Deidra Carson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Excuse my ignorance of your family... but who are Daisy and Dweezil? In my world, that would make the difference... I mean... if they're bunnies, then I'd say you answered your question with the wording... If they're dogs... do bunnies get rabies? I'm having a hard time picturing rabid bunnies...  Just where did they catch them?
>> Would Daisy and Dweezil be kids? Because that might be awkward to explain...
>>
>> Deirdre
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Jenna <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> How bad an idea would it be for my family to dine upon the bunnies that Daisy and Dweezil provide?
>>
>> This was not my idea.  I hope Anna was joking.
>>
>> Jenna

--------
THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
  Mark S. Harris          Austin, Texas          [log in to unmask]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:  http://www.florilegium.org ****