As Maerwynn mentions - that just means you need to play with your privacy
settings more (and learn to use the "Block" and "Report Spam" functions).
:-) I have many times helped people set their privacy and block settings -
I'd be willing to lend an additional hand.

As for my own experiences, I've received more spam e-mails from people with
Yahoo & Hotmail addresses than anything on Facebook or Google+. ;-)

In Service,

Eowyth