As Maerwynn mentions - that just means you need to play with your privacy settings more (and learn to use the "Block" and "Report Spam" functions). :-) I have many times helped people set their privacy and block settings - I'd be willing to lend an additional hand.

As for my own experiences, I've received more spam e-mails from people with Yahoo & Hotmail addresses than anything on Facebook or Google+. ;-)

In Service,

Eowyth

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Patricia Galbraith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I don't think it's my settings, really. You know the spam messages that allege they're from someone you know?  The only ones I've ever gotten were folks I friended on Facebook.  Never had it happen from anywhere else I'm active.

I know that eventually I'll have to either break down and use the damn thing, or give up and become a hermit.  But I don't have to like it.  -sticks tongue out at all the young whippersnappers-

Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:14:01 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] is this working
To: [log in to unmask]

Please remember that these are all choices individuals make.  You CHOOSE to be on the Calon-net (or not). You CHOOSE to be on Facebook (or not). As people make different choices, the dynamics of those choices will change.  If you want different results, you need to at least consider different choices.
Derdriu