Roise I would ask you how you feel with your interperation of the newsletter within current Kingdom law.  It is not in fact the issue that what is legal in the East or An Tir or any other Kingdom potentially not legal in the Calontir.  As a newbie I am just asking a question, please remember I am still newish.

de Szekely Zsigmond

From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of SJPaterson
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 11:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] CALONTIR Digest - 8 Nov 2013 to 9 Nov 2013 (#2013-141)

Suggestion : do NOT make this more complicated than it has to be.  We have been running the EK Gazette for a year + now with common sense and volunteers and not as an official SCA  staffed function.  The secret is to not over work your staff and be respectful of whatever guidelines are established.  But please do NOT add to the bureaucracy if you don’t have to.  And it s a newspaper and will function as such as a daily sources of reactive information. – the kingdom already has the newsletter,  THE MEWS, and this will never replace that.

Bess

From: [log in to unmask]">Sarah Steinhoff

Wow!  This took off FAST! Fantastic!  I guess now would be a good time to introduce myself.  For those who don't yet know me, my name is Roise inghean ui Rhauidhrie and I'm the Kingdom Social Media Officer.  I've been keeping tabs on this digital news letter idea and I think it's brilliant.  There is lots to discuss as to where in the Kingdom Law this will fall and I look forward to discussing this and other ideas with everyone at the meetings at Kris Kinder and 12th Night!  I look forward to this exciting idea!

YIS
Roise ighean ui Rhauidhrie
Kingdom Social Media Officer
Kingdom of Calontir