I will have, by War Maneuvers, approximately a quarter-mile of braided purple-and-gold cord.  I hope to have one or two other things, but we'll have to see.  Let me know when the wax-melting party is, and I'll try to be there.  Ditto the medallion etching.

Let's see what our other artisans come up with!

Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 22:54:38 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] Largess Ideas
To: [log in to unmask]

Holidays are a wonderful time to count our blessings, to spend time with those we hold dear, and, if you're anything like me, put away all the crafty things and restore a semblance of order to the house for at least 48 hours.

Once upon a time, I had brainstormed a really great list of ideas for largess. Then the list disappeared. At Thanksgiving, when I reorganized the craft room and put away all the crafty things, I found it........and then I put it somewhere safe, and it disappeared. I am pleased to say, however, that in the putting away of all the yarn, fabric, misc. crafty things for Christmas, the list has reappeared.

Some ideas are simple. Some are more involved. Some could be accomplished before War Maneuvers. Some might be better to attempt in time for Cattle Raids this summer. Some of these things, I know how to do. Some I do not. Therefore, without further ado, I am sharing the list with all of you!

Papier Mache laquered boxes
Spice bottles/boxes
Horn rings/bracelets
Fresh/candied/dried ginger
Flower waters
Vinegars
Tiny pouches
Cords
Dried Herbs
Herb sachets
Combs
Carved Toys
Bobbin lace
Handcrafted paper
bone/antler needles
Small books
Flavored sugars

If anyone has anything they would like make/teach off of this list, please let me know! I would be pleased to teach something with flower waters, vinegars, herb sachets and flavored sugars, and would be glad to help with anything else. Many of the things on this list are things I would like to learn, too!

I have recently come into quite a bit of beeswax, and would like to melt and remold it into small cakes to contribute to largess. Anyone who would like to join me, please contact me on or off list.

In addition, Ingeborg has so very graciously volunteered to help coordinate the medallion etching project, so if anyone is interested in etching some medallions, please contact her to participate in that project.

Also, I am always open to new ideas!

In Service,

Halldora