Tricia,

In 2006 the Grolier Club in New York had an exhibition titled, *Teaching
America to Draw: Instructional Manuals and Ephemera, 1794-1925*. It
featured rare books from the Special Collections at Penn State. A booklet
was published in conjunction with the exhibition. It is a bibliography of
rare drawing books, not a full-blown catalog. The holdings of the featured
collection are in Penn State's online catalog. Click on the first link
below to learn more.

*Teaching America to Draw: Instructional Manuals and Ephemera 1794-1925*
Penn State University
https://www.libraries.psu.edu/psul/speccolls/rbm/andersonellis.html

*Exhibition Booklet*
http://cat.libraries.psu.edu/uhtbin/cgisirsi/?ps=PEyi5hOTjy/UP-PAT/38060208/9#

*Grolier Club Exhibition (May 16 - July 29, 2006)*
http://www.grolierclub.org/default.aspx?p=v35ListDocument&ID=755383292&listid=11459&listitemid=123173&ssid=166764&dpageid=&listname=Past%20Exhibitions

Tania

*ArtPlantae LLC *
*ArtPlantae Books*